Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Bible Story Lessons Resources

Hi friends!  I'll be posting the next lesson tomorrow, but today I wanted to mention some of the additional resources I'll be using in future lessons.  When we start doing Bible story lessons, I'm going to be using one of the two story book Bibles that I already own.  We'll read the story out of one of these two books, talk about the story, and also have a verse, craft activity, and song to go a long with it. 
Here are the books:
The Jesus Story Book Bible
By Sally Lloyd-Jones
This book presents the Bible as a series of beautifully, uniquely written stories with great pictures.

The Beginning Reader's Bible
Illustrated by Marijke ten Cate
t
I like this one because it tell the stories using actual scripture passages and the pictures are wonderful.

Again, these were books we already had.  The first one was a gift and we picked the second one up at Ollie's Bargain Outlet for $5.99 (super deal!).  My point is this...before I started the lessons, I was all hung up on buying a new Bible to use for the lessons and I couldn't decide which one would be right.  I finally realized that I needed to use what we had, because what we have is plenty to work with!  So, when we get to the Bible story lessons, use a book that you already have that tells Bible stories with pictures.  If you don't already have a good one, these are both on Amazon (or go check out your nearest Ollies!).  
Hope this helps!  Look for a new lesson tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment