Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lesson 3: God is good.

Before I get started sharing the lesson, first let me say that this one was a bit of a challenge for me!  When I started writing things out, I realized that the concept of "God is good." is a little hard to fully explain to a 3 year-old.  So, I did my best, but you may want to think about it and add some of your own thoughts!

God is good.
1.  Verse - "For the Lord is good." Psalm 100:5  or you could use "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good." Psalm 136:1  (I used Psalm 100:5 because I memorized that one as a child.  It holds some sentimental value for me! :)
(I also had a hard time coming up with a picture for this verse!  I chose a smiley face with a gold star, but you may come up with a better idea for yours!)

2.  Lesson
  • Pray with your kids about the lesson, that God would teach them about himself and help them understand.
  • What did you learn about God last time?  (God loves me.)
  • God loves you and God is always good!
  • Read the Bible verse and recite it together.
  • God is always good all the time.
  • What does it mean to be good? (Jenna had a hard time with this one.)
  • To be good means to be nice, loving, helpful, not mean.
  • God is that way all the time!  He is never mean, always nice, always loving, always helpful.
  • If mommy tells you that you've being such a good girl, what does that mean?
  • God teaches us what is good because He is good.
  • We learn to be good so we can be like God and be how he wants us to be.
3.  Craft -  Coloring Page
     girly coloring page -  http://www.coloringpagespot.com/joomgallery/bible/god-intends-good-coloring-page-94#joomimg
      less girly coloring page :) - http://twistynoodle.com/god-is-good-coloring-page/

4.  Song - "God is so good." (#51 on Wee Sing Bible Songs)
"God is so good.  God is so good.  He's so good to me.
 God loves me so.  God loves me so.  He's so good to me."

5.  End with reviewing the new verse one more time!

Also, review all the verses whenever you think of it!  We like to review ours when we're sitting down to eat.  I keep the verses hanging on a hook on the fridge.  So, they're right there to remind me!

We used the girly coloring page because it looked so much like my girls!  Jenna offered Madeline her assistance with the coloring...
 and Jenna ended up coloring both sheets...
Since we had two, I stuck them in the Mother's Day packages for the grandmas and sent them on their way!  I know they will appreciate getting a "Jenna original."

To be honest, friends, right after we did this lesson on God's goodness, we had a pretty terrible morning!  Ugh, it did not feel good!  It was part bad behavior from the girls and part lack of patience on my end.  Definitely one of those days when I'm grateful that his mercies are new every morning!  Actually, I should change that to his mercies are new every morning AND afternoon!  And as I'm finishing up writing this, Madeline is waking up from a VERY short nap.  -sigh- 
Blessings to you all!  I hope your day is filled with goodness and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment