2. Lesson -
- Pray with your child about the lesson.
- Review previous verses and the days of creation (from the last two lessons.)
- As I told the story of today's lesson, I used the pictures from the craft (see below) to illustrate the story.
- When God was making the earth, he used the dust and the dirt on the ground to make a man. He named the man Adam.
- Then God made a beautiful garden and it was called Eden. That's where Adam lived! What kinds of things are in a garden? (flowers, plants, etc.) All of those things were in the Garden of Eden and also trees and rivers! It was a very beautiful place! (show the garden picture)
- God also made animals and the Garden of Eden was filled with all kinds of animals. (show the animal pictures)
- It was Adam's job to take care of the garden and the animals. He gave all the animals their names! What are some animal names that you know?(name the animal pictures and add others)
- Now, God decided that Adam needed a helper to help him take care of the garden and the animals. So, God made a woman and he named her Eve. (show picture of Adam and Eve)
- So, Adam and Eve were the first two people that God made! They were husband and wife and they lived in the Garden of Eden.
- God loved Adam and Eve and they loved God.
So, as I come up with crafts, my goal is that everything is a free printable. For this craft, I pieced together a few printables to come up with one craft. So, you'll need the following pages from this link:
I cut blank part off the bottom of the garden and then cut out the Adam and Eve and the lion, fox, and giraffe. So, here are the pieces:
Then write "The Garden of Eden" along the top of a piece of construction paper.
4. Song - "Praise the Lord Together" #44 on Wee Sing Bible Songs
"Praise the Lord together singing Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!" (2x)
5. End by reviewing the names in this story...Garden of Eden, Adam, Eve