2. Lesson -
- Pray with your child about the lesson.
- Review past Bible verses and past topics.
- Today: God takes care of us.
- He gives us all the things we need to live and grow.
- What are some things that you need to live and grow? (food, a home, clothes, warm bed, money to buy things, mommy and daddy to take care of you, etc...)
- God is the one who gives these things to us.
- God is so good. He loves us and he takes care of us.
- When someone gives you something, what do you say back to them? (thank you!)
- This is why we pray to God and thank Him for giving us everything we need.
- Stop to pray with your child again. Ask your child, "What do you want to thank God for?" and invite your child to do the praying.
- Materials - one piece of construction paper, printer, paper, glue stick, scissors, crayons or markers
Have your child color the pictures of the food. Then cut them out and glue them to the construction paper:
4. Song - He's got the whole world in his hands." (#39 on Wee Sing Bible Songs)
"He's got the whole world in His hands. (4x)
He's got the itty bitty babies in His hands (3x) He's got the whole world in his hands.
He's got the mommies and the daddies in His hands (3x) He's got the whole world in his hands."
5. End by reviewing the new Bible verse one more time!
I thought I'd share how our lesson went today because I'm sure some of you can relate! During the "lesson" part (which is supposed to take all of 5 -10 min), Madeline (17 mos) was not cooperating. Within those 5 - 10 min I had to get her out of her booster seat because she didn't want to join the lesson, take her down from standing on the tricycle, put the tricycle outside so she'd stop climbing on it, clean up cheerios she spilled all over the ground, bring a basket of toys into the kitchen for her, and then just when she was content again, a random alarm started going off in the other room! All while Jenna sat patiently waiting for me to finish explaining how "God takes care of us." :) So, we were FULL of distractions this morning! But the good thing is that I remembered to pause, take a breath, and ask God for help!
Also, I wanted to encourage you to let these simple, simple truths fill your own heart today. How quickly we busy adults forget that God provides our every need! We are currently facing some uncertainty regarding my husband's job and we are learning to be at peace and trust in God's perfect provision. He touched my heart in a special way singing the simple line, "He's got the mommies and the daddies in his hands." So simple, yet so able to restore our hearts and fill us with hope. Praise God for His goodness and care!
Another, more administrative, thing I wanted to share is something I came up with to organize the crafts we've been doing. I got a one-inch binder (that I already had :) and let Jenna color a page for the front of it. We're gonna hole-punch anything that will fit in it and make it into a book for her to look at later. If you go to www.twistynoodle.com , you can change the text on any of the coloring pages to what you want it to say (love this!). We chose the Noah's Ark page and typed in "Jenna's Bible Crafts." This is just an idea you might want to use!
Lastly, As I've been looking at crafts online, I've seen a lot that use paper plates. So, while I was at Walmart today, I picked up some paper plates and more glue sticks! If you're following along you may want to pick up some paper plates for future lessons.
That's all for now! God bless!