1. Verse - "You are my beloved Son, with you I am well pleased." Mark 1:11
2. Lesson -
- Pray with your child about the lesson.
- Review previous Bible verses.
- We've learned a lot about God. Today we're going to learn a little bit about who Jesus is.
- Jesus is God's son. God is Jesus' father. Just like you are mommy and daddy's daughter, Jesus is God's son.
- God sent Him to the world to love us and save us from our sins. (At this point I did a very quick explanation of sin - when we do things that God doesn't like.)
- What holiday is the day that Jesus was born? (Christmas) Right! Jesus was born on Christmas and he was a little baby.
- Then when he grew up he died on the cross.
- On Easter, he became alive again! Then he went to heaven to live with God forever.
- Now he sits on a throne in heaven with God.
- Jesus loves us, he knows us, he takes care of us, just like God! Because he is God too!
- There are lots of stories about Jesus in the Bible that you'll learn about in more Bible lessons.
I got the idea for this craft from this blog...http://catholicicing.com/2011/07/how-to-make-jesus-loves-me-shirts-with-kids/
Instead of doing a shirt, we made a paper craft out of it.
Here's the finished product (that's supposed to be a heart in the middle.)
First, I typed out the words "Jesus" and "Me" in Word so that they would could be colored. I'm trying this out, but I think you can find them here. If you can't get that link to work, I used size 150 "Allstar" font in Microsoft Word.
She colored the words, cut them out and glued them to the paper, leaving space for the hand prints.
Then we took some washable paint (I thought I had red, but we were out of it...so we used purple.) and painted Jenna's hand with a sponge paint brush. Then, I helped her make the prints in the shape of a heart!
4. Song - Jesus Loves Me. (I'm sure everybody knows this song!)
5. End with reviewing the verse one more time!