1. Verse - "Be kind to one another." Ephesians 4:32
2. Lesson -
- It had been a long time since we had done a lesson, so I took some time to review all our previous lessons just by flipping through her crafts and coloring pages (which I've continued to save in a binder). Before we started the lesson (during breakfast) we reviewed all of the previous verses. So, if you have time, this might be something good to do!
- Read the new verse.
- Do you know what it means to "be kind"?
- "Kind" is another word for "nice."
- God wants us to be nice to other people.
- He wants us to be nice to everyone!
- God wants you to be nice to other kids that you play with and other kids that you know.
- Mommy and Daddy tell you all the time to "Be nice" to Madeline (little sis).
- We tell you this because God teaches us this in the Bible!
- God wants you to be nice to Madeline and other kids because He loves you and He loves them.
- Being nice or kind shows people that you care about them or that you love them.
- What are some ways that you can be nice to Madeline? (helping her, sharing with her, playing with her, reading to her, helping her learn to do something new.)
- What are some ways that you can be nice to other kids? (a lot of the same stuff)
- God wants everyone to be kind...kids, grown-ups, everyone!
- Show the craft coloring page: This coloring page shows people being kind. What are they doing? (talk about what is going on in each picture.)
You can find this cute coloring page here at Sugardoodle.net.
It's super easy to print, too!
Jenna started out enthusiastic about coloring it, but then interest waned. I helped a little!
4. Song - "This is my commandment that you love one another..."
#19 on Wee Sing Bible Songs
5. End by reviewing the verse one more time!